Your First Visit
From your first visit to Harborn Dental in Mississauga, you’ll see that we are unlike most dentists. We are home to one of the most caring and well trained dental teams in the area. We offer a full range of preventive care and general dentistry, cosmetic and restorative dentistry, and treatments for complex dental problems.
For adults you can expect:
- Introduction to Harborn Dental.
- Evaluation of past medical and dental problems.
- A comprehensive exam, which includes an examination of the mouth for cavities, gum disease, and other dental issues; oral cancer screening; checking your blood pressure; and making necessary radiographs (x-rays). You will be informed of the type of radiographs and the diagnostic benefit as determined by the doctor.
- A discussion of the your needs and a customized treatment plan designed just for you.
- A discussion of treatment scheduling and financial arrangements that work best for you.
For Infants and Children
Your child’s first visit with us should be within six months after the first tooth comes in and no later than the first birthday. This visit is considered a “well baby checkup” for teeth. If you observe discolorations, swellings, or anything else abnormal surrounding the teeth or gums, please call to set an appointment right away.
During the exam your child will have a thorough examination will be completed by your dentist including:
- A friendly visit. (You can tell your young child, “The dentist will count your teeth, take some pictures of your teeth, and may shine your teeth.”)
- Evaluation of past medical and dental problems, which may affect treatment.
- Examination of the teeth and gums.
- Cleaning (prophylaxis) may be done.
- Necessary x-rays. You will be informed of the type of radiographs and the diagnostic benefit as determined by the doctor.
- Treatment planning according to findings and patient needs.
- Oral hygiene instructions and information about prevention of early childhood decay, gum disease (gingivitis), and other dental concerns.